Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day....

Today my Ella told me that "if you were a prize in my prize box at school, then I would pick you mom. You are the greatest mom."
Coming from a six year old, I will say that is a great compliment...you would have to know how much she LOVES picking from the prize box. Sadly, it's usually something that I think hmmmm, I wonder how long she will have to have that until I throw it away!
So today it really was a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! My hubby had to be in Finland for meetings all week and we really missed having him around, so I didn't get my customary toast and diet coke in bed...but to make up for it, I did get a lovely trip to the spa upon his return.
I am profoundly grateful for the women in my life. My wonderful mom, sister, grandmother, best friends, sisters-in-law, and the countless examples that have made me a better person and mother.
Finally, to have been blessed with 3 amazing children. I look at them and realize how lucky I am to have Ella and Zach and to raise them on this earth. Someday I hope that I will be worthy to raise my Kate, and that as the years pass my heart will heal a little more.
So today, I'm glad that I'm at least worthy to be picked out of the Kindergarten prize box...and at this point in my life, that's pretty dang exciting.
Ella (6)

Zach (19 months) aka: el diablo

Kate (April 2006)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Mothers Day to one of the best moms!!! Love you and miss you.

About Us. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Ally.....Thanks for the incredible example you are to me! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love this pics....and can't ever see that last one without having a tug at my heart and my eyes welling up. I know for sure that you're spot is already reserved to raise little Kate, cause she picked you over anyone else in the box too! Sure love you guys! Happy Mom's Day! I swear I could eat Zach's cheeks right through the screen!

Peterson Clan said...

Allyson, What a beautiful Mother's Day post!! Love the pix! You are truly one of the BEST little Mommies around and it shows through your awesome kids!! I know that sweet little Kate is looking down on you and looking forward to the day when you will hold her in your arms again! I love you Ally. Happy Mother's Day!!!

ShOrt StoRy said...

That is so sweet and Happy Mother's Day!!

Suzanne said...

Ally, you are an amazing woman. I wish we could have spent more time together while you were here. I feel like right when I was getting to know you better you moved. That picture of you and Kate is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen! So breathtaking. It captures so many emotions at once. Treasure that one forever! Hope you're doing good.