Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New York! New York!

So one of my FAVORITE places in the world is New York. When I found out that Nate had to go back there for work, I jumped at the chance to go with him (okay begged). So I called my sweet sister in Arizona and asked her if she would take Ella and Zach. She is right in the middle of a HUGE remodel and had no stove, carpet, -pretty much her whole kitchen was gone-, but she said she would love to take them.
I was really worried about leaving Zach (as those of you at church know)...but he did great, and loves his aunty Shell.
Here are a few highlights from our trip. It was less touristy and more cool little spots that we had never gone to but always wanted to do! Lucky for us we were there for the heat wave in early June...I have NEVER EVER felt anything like that in my life. 102 degrees with some crazy humity, so when we look like we are glowing, you will know why!


I had to go to Serendipity to have the frozen hot chocolate. I was not disappointed, those things are the greatest. And yes, I had to go see where the movie was filmed.




This is Nate in Central Park! I made him take me rowing in 102 degrees! I've always wanted to do this! It really was so fun and a pretty cheap was to entertain ourselves.
This is Dylan's Candy Bar--it's about 2 blocks from Serendipity. I took this shot for my friend Jenn, because I knew that if she were there I would have had to do this for her! I should post the bomb scare that I got on video. Leave it to the Randles to stick around and videotape the bomb squad in Columbus Circle.

Anyway, the candy is built into the floors, and the shop has EVERYTHING you could possibly remember from childhood. They even keep "Peeps" from Easter there!








Yankee Stadium was a MUST for Nate. It was really cool to see the stadium before the new one opens next year! We also had great seats; first base line and second row.

But this was what the seat in front of me said! I guess I couldn't read after all! :)

I can't wait to go back again! It was so great to be able to be with Nate and still have so much fun together...even though he would tell you that I pouted on the way to the game...so not true, it was 300 degrees and I needed a hat. That's all I'll say!

3 comments:

Ally said...

Honey - your random thoughts on our little family blog make me laugh.

I am so proud of you my little blogger!

Love,

Nathan

Sarah said...

I'm jealous....that was seriously the funnest thing to canoe around Central Park when Trav and I did that. I know what you mean about the heat. We were there in the same Temps. when we went with Dad and Chub...I never felt dry and boy does it do crazy things to your hair!! Some how you always pull it off though! Glad you guys had a great time!

Peterson Clan said...

Ally....I am sooo jealous!!! That looks like a blast!!! And I can't wait to ring in my 40th there with you!!! YEAH BABY...5-20-2011!!! Thanks for my "shout out"
Love ya -Jenn