Yeah, we made it through the soccer season. I was lucky (?) to have been Ella's coach for her first year of soccer. I'm pretty sure that she could have learned a lot more about the game from someone that actually plays soccer, but I was so pleased to have the extra time with her. She was such a trooper and improved 100 percent over the season.
She went from not even knowing how to kick the ball to running her guts out and kicking that ball down the field!
Also she was able to play with her "BEST" friend Julia Newbold, who is like one of my own kids. Julia is one year older than Ella, so to be able to have them on the same team this year was so fun! Julia's mom Mandy, was my assistant coach and I could NOT have made it through without her.
I really need to be more thankful for the opportunities that I have to do this with Ella, and that she wants me around so much...it will surely be different in 5 more years. I couldn't have a greater daughter...Ella, I'm really proud that you pushed through all of your fears about soccer and kept with the game! GO PIXIES!
6 comments:
I am so impressed with the coaching-way to go. Also I have been out of the blogging world for little while so it was fun to catch up on yours. Im so jealous of your star sightings- that is so fun. And can Zach be any cuter in his little tux? What a doll- he is getting so big.
WAHOO!! Way to go my little Ella Bella! I am so proud of you...you make a cute purple pixie!! Kudos to you too, Ally! Job well done!
Love that you did this. I also love that you and Mandy coached together, how fun. Ella scored with an incredible Mom. Hope you are well!
ally I loved that you coached the soccer team. That must have been so fun!
Hi Ally. Your kids are getting so big and sooo cute! We really need to get together. Love the purple pixies!!
Holy cow girl! You coached a soccer team! You are truly the Kool-Aid mom. Way to go!
Post a Comment