Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu?


Funny little Ella. She wants to know about everything they talk about on the news, so now that the SWINE FLU has come around (JENN-I know you are in FULL panic mode...just go buy another self-tanner for your food storage!)
Ella wants to know all about it. Today we had a funny little conversation, and it's so ELLA.

Ella: mom, can I watch Charolette's Web?

Mom: sure, I bet Zach would like that one.

Ella: Yeah, I haven't watched that show in a LOOOONG time.

Movie plays for about 10 minutes. We get to the part where Wilbur the pig is living in the house and sleeping in her room.

Ella: Is Charolette's Web a "REAL" story mom?

Mom: (mom is reading by the way) Yes.

Ella: So, everything is real except the talking pig?

Mom: (whoops) yes, everything is real except the talking pig.

Ella: What about the talking spider.

Mom: (shoot) okay Ella, it's a pretend story, but it's the magic of the story that is so fun to believe in.

Ella: Okay

Ella: mom, I REALLY want a pig for a pet...can I mom?

Mom: NO

Ella: It would be the perfect pet, and we would make sure that it didn't have the SWINE flu before we took it home.

Mom: NOOOOOO!

Ella: Fine, can I turn on another movie then?

Gotta love my 6 year old's mind. She is always a worker bee. And who wouldn't want a talking pig...minus the SWINE FLU part?

4 comments:

Peterson Clan said...

Ummmm you tell my little Ella that she should be asking you to buy the N95 masks before you even think about buying any freaking PIGS!!! I love her comment though, so funny, but seriously inside I am kinda freaking out a little!!! YIKES!!! Miss you a TON, you have NO IDEA Allyson....:(

Sarah said...

Ella - I love you....!

ShOrt StoRy said...

Classic! I was dying about the Jenn part! Very funny!

Mandy said...

Oh lil Ella...never a dull moment/conversation with that one...beautiful pic of her too.