Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bye-Bye to California...Hello...snow?


Are you kidding me? Three days after I move from my beautiful house, friends, WARM weather, flowering trees, and Disney at night...I get 10 inches of snow?

Really, could it be any harder to move somewhere...it's April Mother Nature, cut me a break.Saying good-bye to my friends and my house was possibly the second hardest thing I've had to do. We have lots of memories in that house, but when it was all said and done, things had been packed away, all we had left were some walls, lovely dark wood floors(that I had to clean twice a day), and some nice window covers. The thing that really means the most is my little family that huddled in a circle, and cried, said a prayer that we would find friends for our children, friends for mom, and another nice house to create new memories in, in Utah. After a tearful good-bye we shut the door and walked into our new life.
Here is our last swing in the backyard...

When our baby Kate died and our friends and ward put in our whole backyard, they planted a tree for her. This tree will go totally dead in the winter where we think it will never come back, but about the middle of March you will start to see the green little buds, and then one week before Kate's birthday it comes out with the most amazing purple bloooms, almost like grapes. It will be missed...it still has a ribbon tied around it and it has grown into the bark. I will miss the purple blooms on her birthday but luckily got to take a picture of it before we left.

Fortunate for me, I know that my friends and my little daughters friends will be with us for life, and I can't WAIT to have them come to my new home.
In the end, I guess what really matters most will be the memories we create, the happiness we get from our healthy, beautiful families, and the time we get to become better than we are now.
I absolutely LOVED my time in Temecula, California. I guess I'll be changing the name of the blog soon from "California Randle Family", but I'm not quite down with the "Utah Randle Family"...but I'll keep you posted when the change comes!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

So happy to see a post from you. We miss you. We really do! Avery wants to drive by your house almost daily. She REALLY wants a play date. And Kirk wants a trip to Utah, so that just may happen. I hope everything is going well for you guys. And I hope to hear from you often. Good luck with everything! When New Moon comes out you really should consider coming out and we'll hit the midnight showing.

amy said...

yep, don't miss the snow! I feel for you! But I am SOO excited that you are in Utah, because then we can see you! My parents are still there...Brit lives in TN (close to me, so thats fun!) I'll let you know when we plan a trip there :)

ShOrt StoRy said...

Oh!!!!
You make me want to cry! I know what your talking about. I know you will find new friends and Ella will find lots of friends too! I totally agree with you, after all is taken down, boxed up and packed and your left looking at an empty house it's nice to know you have your family, the most important thing!
Miss you!

Linds said...

So hard to say goodbye! I remember how heart broken we were leaving, it is tough. I am sure you will all adapt well and make great friends and the wonderful thing is you will always have your friends in CA. I have been thinking about you and hoping the transition is going ok. We need to catch up soon. Miss you!

Hillary said...

So sad. We are glad all is well in Utah, minus the snow. But I know you wouldn't of missed the 100 degree weather this last weekend. Hopefully we will make it to Utah in the near future. We will miss the Randle Family. It was actually a little wierd to go to dinner for Erica's "baby shower" and not have you with us. We were thinking of you and are thinking of you guys. Give Nate a shout out from Todd. Todd and the kids were singing we never lay up last night on the way home from the beach. It is still on our iphones.