
If you haven't read the children's book series "Priscilla" by Joceyln Hobbie you are missing out.
While reading one of my favorites to Ella last night about the rain, we laughed at how it sounded just like our new life.
I shall leave you with a small snipet to enjoy on this rainy Friday in JUNE.
"As we all know, the sky above us is blue.
But wait just a minute. That's not always true.
Sometimes I've noticed, I'm sure you have too,
the sky turns a purple, green brownish gray hue.
And that's just how things were looking today
on that planet of Priscilla's not so far away.
For Priscilla in fact, there'd been no blue for days.
It started last week with a yellowish haze.
Each day the sky darkened. It thickened like soup.
Finally, the whole sky just seemed to droop.
The first raindrop fell.
Then the second
AND THIRD.
Then the clouds opened up and rain was the word.
It came down in buckets. IT CAME DOWN IN SHEETS.
Rain flowed like rivers through backyards and street.
The fish thought it grand and the frong sang with glee
and the ducks' kooky quacking seemed quite to agree.
WELL, Priscilla is neither a fish nor a duck.
By her way of thinking, this rain was BAD LUCK.
But bad luck aside, Priscilla's no poop.
She belongs to the do-what-you-gotta-do group..."
So that is where I will end, but the book does go on..maybe next Friday I'll sing the same song. (sorry, I had to rhyme the end right?)
I gotta-do what I gotta do...Happy Friday.
4 comments:
We miss you guys! But....we don't miss your rain!! Hope it turns around sometime soon for you!!! Love you all! Thanks again for an amazing weekend! We had a blast!
Cute book. And very fitting for your weather up there. Hopefully the sun will come out and smile on you so you can go out and play.
HaHa...I guess that is quite hilarious to someone who doesn't have to face the rain clouds every day!!! :( So sorry Ally!! But I do see warm california sunshine in your near (very near) future!!! Yay!! I can't wait to give you a big ol' hug!! (even though you aren't the "huggy" type) :) All I can say is "Rain was the WORD"...xo
Love it!!! Can't wait to see you, I am inviting myself to see you! ;)
Post a Comment