Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pretty Bird....



It's summer time (which you would never know with the amount of rain we are getting). School is out and the neighborhood kids are just ITCHING to get into trouble. I went on a walk with Zach and left Ella to play with the kids a few houses down...when I came back it was like the Mormon criquetts had been invading. There were at least 50 seagulls flying around, which is strange seeing that we don't live close to the beach, but it is the state bird, so there they were.
The kids decided to throw rotten Easter eggs (yes, i said Easter, as in April) into the road. And who would have guessed that it would have attracted the gulls.
It was all fun and games until the neighborhood watchdog told them that because it was a state bird, if they hurt one they would be thrown into jail (no really).
Well, it seemed fun while it lasted, and for about 20 minutes the neighborhood kids were loving the summer.

Sadly, I didn't get the great shot of all 40 birds in the road, but I did catch the stragglers on the roof. :)





4 comments:

Kristen said...

You better call me you slacker. I would LOVE to see you and your kiddos.

ShOrt StoRy said...

Isn't it bizarre that seagulls are all over in Utah...
Where did you have all the leftover eggs from Easter hidden? Were you going to give them to the kids to eat if they were naughty? ha ha.
I can't wait for it to warm up too...Hello summer!

Krissy Lowe said...

That is crazy! I would love to see you in July! I also need to call you about a family picture. Are you all booked?

Krissy Lowe said...

Awesome! I don't have your cell number anymore- lost my cell phone and contacts...so call me and let me know what your dates are. I know we will be out of town sometime in July. Hopefully it will work out.