
Ella had the chance to participate in Bonneville High School's "Little Laker Cheer Camp" this past week.
She had a great time and the best part was that they all got to march in the South Ogden Days Parade.
Unfortunately, it was the only day that has hit in the 90's so everyone was a little red by the end of the 2 mile route.
I haven't been to a parade in YEARS. It was so fun and I like the small town feel...especially when everyone throws candy, and all the kids run into the streets to pick it up. They are seriously like a pack of swarming bees....zzzzzz, CANDY! (The kids, I learned, all bring grocery sacks to pick up the loot).
So needless to say ZACH had a great time watching the fire trucks and police cars, and then running to grab candy from the street. Usually he only got 1 piece to everyone's 8...but he didn't seem to mind.
It was a good day! Nothing like letting your kid eat candy from the street, and watching little cheerleaders do their thing down the street.
Also, it was the first time that all of our families could come and watch something that our kids are in...we are getting used to inviting everyone and loving the support. We love that Nate's grandparents and Uncle Brent drove an hour just to see Ella walk by. Grandma Davies was tickled pink and clapped and shouted for Ella Rosie. And Ella's cousins were so excited to see her...well maybe they were more excited to see the bigger cheerleader! :)
Those are the things that we will really love and enjoy in the next years. The chance to have our families get to know the kids and support us...it's great to have our own cheering section!
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys sure had a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it but I had a study group I needed to go to. Your kids are super cute. I am glad your family lives closer now so I can get to know your family a lot better.
Wish I could have been there, if only it wasn't for Wednesday nights! Love the shot of Grandpa and his hat....that just sits! :) Way to go Ella Bella.....heard it was awesome! Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment