Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Saving shoe boxes around the world.....

Many of you know how I like (LOVE) my diet coke. A few days ago while trying to shove the 12-pack box in the trash, I had an epiphany.
For several days I've been stressing about picking a shoe box that will have to be sacrified to the "valentine" god's this year for my kids class....and then it hits me.

The DIET COKE BOX! (I quickly pulled it from the trash). Brilliant...i think to myself. There is a carry hole on top, it will hold 30 plus valentines, and the opening is exactly the right size for all of those BIG ones that kids can never quite fit in the top of your hastily made shoe box slit! (You know who you are...the mom's that add pencils, lots of conversation hearts, or some crazy thing you found at the dollar store!) Plus you never again, will have to use one of your good steak knives, to cut an opening in this box...they are already preforated for you. HOW GREAT IS THAT???

No more will I have to make some poor pair of shoes go homeless, waiting for the dirt and dust to collect on them, and then be forgotten in the back part of my scary closet.

I have saved your shoe boxes from certain "valentine" death. Put down the exacto knife girls and go buy yourself some soda!



6 comments:

Mandy said...

Love it! I think a Diet Pepsi box would be so much better though...don't you? :)

About Us. said...

A Diet Pepsi w/Lime box would work even better. I love you! You are so creative and talented.

ShOrt StoRy said...

I love it! You are the domestic mom of valentines day boxes!!!! such a good idea!

Suzanne said...

How smart are you?! And even more brilliant to be able to justify buying more DC. Love it!

Kristen said...

So my sister actually saw your post first and called me laughing. I had no boxes so had to call around the neighborhood until I found one. Thanks for the idea. I forgot to take a picture so I hope the box comes home in decent condition today. Unfortunately it was for my son (we couldn't sparkle it up as much as I would have liked) but he was thrilled with the 2 openings for all his Valentines! You are brilliant!!

WaterTown said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-budidaya-ternak-ikan-hias-air-tawar-di-aquarium